Energy & Renewables
The change has been rapid, radical and real in your sector. We have been there at every step along the journey supporting producers, harnessers, distributors and retailers to meet the changes and deliver their growth ambitions.
We understand the dynamics of the sector and we have worked with customers to match their innovation in energy with innovative solutions for finance.
Why choose AIB?
It’s a partnership
With customers spanning every sector of the economy and our long established track record of supporting businesses to meet their growth plans, we're a bank with a reputation for strategic partnership.
We know that, like the markets you operate in, banking is a competitive global market place. So we work hard to turn business relationships into unique partnerships that add up to that extra value that makes the difference for you.
You want a partner who brings to the table a deep understanding of your business and your sectors. We have a relationship team that has years of experience of your industry and who invests the time to truly understand your business.
Meet your relationship manager
Take the time to talk with us and you’ll find we’ve years of experience of supporting business in your sector.
You’ll get a sense that you’ve met someone who knows what they are talking about. Someone with an understanding of your business that you can rely on. Straight-talking and meaningful, it will become a partnership focused on building long term relationships.
You’ll see the service we offer, the products, the knowledge and experience of your markets, supported by a banking network throughout Ireland and the UK.
Meet your relationship manager; welcome to a partnership.
Some of the customers we've partnered with
- We are fully focused on supporting the Country and those operating in the Sector in delivering renewable energy projects on the entire island of Ireland so as to achieve the ‘2020 targets’.
- Onshore Wind - AIB Corporate Banking has supported the development of over 100MW of Irish onshore wind projects. We are currently in active negotiations in respect of over 60MW of new large scale wind projects.
- Biomass - We are key participants in the delivery of a significant Waste to Energy Facility in Dublin and a 40MW wood fired biomass plant in Killala Co. Mayo.
- Full suite of banking services to support your day to day business and staff requirements.
Fuel Retailing & Distribution
- Our Fuel Retailing & Distribution team brings a combination of sector expertise, local knowledge and creativity to provide the right finance package for your business.
- AIB has a dedicated sector team in the Fuel Retailing & Distribution space for a number of years and supports key indigenous market players across the sector in Ireland.
- Oil and forecourt retailing is increasingly becoming a domestic Irish owned/operated industry and plays a fundamental core role in ensuring both businesses and consumers can travel and function in all aspects of the Irish economy.
- AIB is a leading participant in this sector and is proud to support Irish business enterprises in their aims and ambitions into the future.
- Specialist relationship managers are at the heart of our service – your access point to the depth of expertise we offer. Our relationship managers are rooted in the Fuel Retailing & Distribution sector so they truly understand the issues you face both short and long term.
The benefits of being an AIB customer
- AIB has supported numerous corporates to grow their business and presence in the marketplace, ranging from start-ups to some of the world's largest and most recognisable brands.
- The team has worked with various industry experts and customers to bring about a flexible and practical approach to supporting the delivery of large wind and biomass projects
- We fully understand the market and the challenges facing the Borrower in delivering Projects in both a timely, and cost effective manner
As a customer of our Energy & Renewables Team you will benefit from a dedicated and experienced relationship team that will work closely with you to support, add value and help your business realise its aspirations.
- As a partner, we commit to delivering excellent service and key learnings from market activity.
- We are open to considering new technologies and approaches to identifying the best financing solution for your asset.
Practical Financing Solutions
- Our assessments are based on the value of your business and the quality of the management team, not necessarily the underlying assets/security available. We structure your financing solutions to reflect the way your Sector works.
- Whilst we favour sovereign payment support mechanisms we have financed projects with and without government tariff support. Where the fundamentals of the transaction allow more flexibility we will work with the Borrower to maximise the Project cashflows.
- With the reliance on Power Purchase Agreements and a narrowing number of traditional utility providers offering robust terms we are prepared to be flexible in this regard and will work with the Borrower to arrive at the best solution for the Project.
- In respect of Biomass Projects we are prepared to work with the borrower to bring about a structure that allows for long term project finance. Areas of fuel supply and technical processes are often quite complex and varied, we understand this
- The Team can arrange and underwrite transactions in addition to the ongoing agency services. AIB can facilitate the Account Bank function too. We are keen to get involved at the early stages of a Project and are able actively contribute to its efficient delivery and success
- We don't offer standard or off-the-shelf solutions; we provide innovative and specific solutions to your business and position within the Energy & Renewables sector in Ireland.