AIB Corporate Finance, AIB Bankcentre, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4
Tel: +353 (0)1 64 14260
Mob: +353 (0)86 601 6167
Owen has 20 years of experience working in Finance and joined AIB Corporate Finance in 2017. Prior to that Owen was a Business Unit Head in AIB Corporate Banking where he was a member of the management team and was responsible for managing sector based teams covering areas such as Hotels & Leisure, Healthcare, Transport, Energy & Renewables and Retail.
From 2007 - 2009 Owen was the Deputy Head of European Property and Corporate Banking based in France.
Owen is a regular conference speaker at the Irish Hotel Federation Finance Conference and the National Tourism Policy Forum.
Owen holds a degree in Finance from Trinity College Dublin and completed the Interalpha Executive Management program at INSEAD. Owen is a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
Owen has gained significant experience in the Irish Finance Sector over a long number of years, across a wide range of sectors including;
- The Jurys Doyle Hotel Group plc on its €1.25bn take private
- Smurfit Kappa Group on it’s €3.7bn LBO
- The Mater Private Hospital LBO
- The €3bn takeover of Eircom plc by Valentia
- 4 Finance Dublin Magazine Deal of the Year Awards
- The pre-pack receivership of Superquinn
- Over €1.5bn of lending facilities restructured in the Hotel and Retail sectors.
- STL Group Refinancing
- Doyle Shipping Group Refinancing
- Empire Cinemas Refinancing
- Provided new finance solutions for circa. 30 companies who required re-banking during the period 2014-2017