An efficient way to process Domestic & International payments
The Payment Files service on iBusiness Banking allows you to upload both domestic and international payments within a single file. There are 2 types of payment file that can be submitted:
1. SEPA Credit Transfer (SCT) payment files contain euro payments debiting an AIB branch account and paying a beneficiary account within the SEPA zone (including Ireland).
2. Multi-Currency (MCY) payment files contain one or more of the following payment types debiting euro branch and/or foreign currency accounts:
SCT payments debiting a euro branch account, as above
International payments in any supported currency to most destinations worldwide
Same day value GBP payments to accounts in the UK, debiting an AIB GBP Current Account (with NSC 238590)
- More straightforward and convenient than administering payments on an individual basis/cheque issuance
- Files are created from your Accounts Payable system and uploaded directly to iBB, which reduces the risk of costly errors associated with manual data entry
- A single file for multi-currency payments to beneficiaries in different countries
- Files can be warehoused for up to 30 days
- Security features include Digipass technology, multiple authorisation options and full audit logs per user
- Payments may be automatically transmitted using Direct File Submission (Host to Host).
Payment files application form (Credit Transfers) - this must be completed and signed in accordance with your iBB mandate
File Formats - AIB can accept files in XML format. We will provide you with the XML payment files specification you will need to engage with your software provider to develop, test and implement an SCT XML payment file or MCY XML payment file. We will work with you and your technical support throughout this project, testing files until perfected
Going Live - prior to going live AIB will issue you with a Payment File OIN (Originator Identifier Number) which identifies your files within the system. Files are uploaded and authorised via iBB and our Client Services team will provided training and support throughout the initial upload and thereafter
Ongoing Support - our experienced client services team provides technical and hands on support to Cash Management customers using AIB’s bulk payment and direct debit file services.
Talk To Us
For further information please contact our Cash Management team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us directly at +353 (0)1 6417311.
Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland