AIB Social Media Guidelines
Our communications on social media are public and so are any posts and comments that you may make. Your posts and comments may also show up in searches online. Please do not post any personal or financial information on our social media.
Our social media privacy statement outlines how we may use your information when you interact with us on social media. You can find it at https://aib.ie/social/social-media-privacy. You will find more about your rights, when they apply and our responsibility to you, on our website at www.aib.ie/dataprotection.
Our response times
We aim to respond to you as quickly as we can. We’re here between 9.00 and 20:00 Monday to Friday, 9.00 and 17:00, Saturday and Sunday. For some things it may take us longer to respond. We can help to resolve any questions you might have but we will not be able to discuss anything specific to your account. To help answer some questions, we may ask you to provide more information. In these instances, we will ask you to send us a private message.
We reply to posts made outside our working hours once we're back online the following day. If you need to speak to our customer service team, you can contact them at 0818 724 724 Monday to Sunday, 9:00 to 17:00, or go to www.aib.ie/contact-details.
If our products or services do not live up to your expectations, you have the right to complain. We cannot formally respond to complaints over social media. You will find details on how to submit a complaint on our website at https://aib.ie/help-and-guidance/making-a-complaint.
Our social media posts
Occasionally, we post content on our channels to help customers with their finances. This information may not be relevant to you, or accurate to your circumstances. For more complete information you should get independent advice where necessary.
If you need help with any of our services or products, please contact your branch or call us at 0818 724 724.
While we welcome all comments and feedback, our social media are public forums, where the views of third parties do not reflect our views and are not necessarily our advice.
We monitor all posts submitted to our social media. While we are not responsible for the content posted by individuals, we have the right to edit or remove any content submitted on any of our social media, without notice.
We will remove any content that:
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory/libellous/ slanderous, vulgar, obscene, false or inaccurate, an invasion of another's privacy, or which is otherwise objectionable;
- harms or exploits minors in any way;
- impersonates any person or entity, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
- constitutes unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation;
- infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- contains software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt or damage another's computer;
- violates the legal rights of others or violates any applicable national or international law; or
- you do not have the right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary or confidential information learned or disclosed as a part of employment relationships or under obligations of confidentiality).
- contains names or personal information about our employees or about any other individuals.
We have the right to block any users who repeatedly violate these guidelines.
Last updated: 21 June 2022