AIB How Do We Protect You
How Do We Protect You
To ensure you can access your accounts with the utmost confidence, AIB use the highest levels of industry standard security:
Secure log in – Our Internet, Mobile and Tablet Banking services employ a secure login process. Remember, it is important that you never disclose your personal login information to a third party.
Before entering any secure information on the page presented to you, always make sure that the website belongs to us.
The AIB Banking website addresses are:
- AIB Internet Banking - https://onlinebanking.aib.ie/inet/roi/login.htm
- AIB Mobile Banking - m.aib.ie
- First Trust Bank Internet Banking - https://aibni.co.uk/personallogin
- Allied Irish Bank (GB) - https://aibgb.co.uk/personallogin
When logging in:
- Check our security certificate to confirm you are linking to AIB, First Trust Bank or Allied Irish Bank (GB).
- Once you are satisfied that you are connected to the correct website, enter your 8 digit Registration Number.
- You will then be asked to enter 3 random digits from your Personal Access Code (PAC) and a third piece of personal information.
To ensure you can access your accounts over the Internet with the utmost confidence, we use the highest levels of industry standard security. As part of this security we use 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to protect your information.
This feature aims to protect you against unauthorised access.
AIB Internet Banking will automatically log you out after 7 minutes of inactivity.
AIB Mobile Banking will automatically log you out after 4 minutes of inactivity.
You must be actively browsing to stay connected (i.e. switching between accounts)
Please note: Scrolling through statements does not count as active browsing. Active browsing is when you are clicking on links within the website, i.e. selecting a different tab on the left of the screen or switching between accounts.
Time and Date Stamp
Each time you log in to Internet Banking we will display the details of your last log in. This is an additional security measure that we have taken to ensure that you can see if someone has fraudulently accessed your accounts online.
The details shown are the day, date and time on which you last accessed the service. It is important that you check your last log in every time you log in to Internet, Mobile or Tablet Banking. It will be displayed in the top navigation bar. If you are suspicious of the last log in shown and do not recall logging into Internet, Mobile or Tablet Banking on that date, please contact our Customer Service Advisers for assistance.
AIB Card Reader and Code Card
The AIB Card Reader and Code Card offer extended security which enables us to offer customers an extensive range of services through AIB Phone & Internet Banking. For more information, please click here.