Backing the farming, fisheries and food sectors
Food, Fisheries & Agriculture
Ireland thrives on the food, fishery and farming sectors. Your sector is as important to us as it is to the Irish economy. With over 40 years' experience in the sector we have experienced the highs and lows of the industry cycles and have partnered with our customers through the many changes and challenges.
We're supporting our customers’ growth ambitions. Whether your business is focused on operations and markets at home, an export oriented household name or a leading player in a competitive global market place we’re here to help you grow.
Why choose AIB?
It’s a partnership
With customers spanning every sector of the economy and our long established track record of supporting businesses to meet their growth plans, we're a bank with a reputation for strategic partnership.
We know that, like the markets you operate in, banking is a competitive global market place. So we work hard to turn business relationships into unique partnerships that add up to that extra value that makes the difference for you.
You want a partner who brings to the table a deep understanding of your business and your sectors. We have a relationship team that has years of experience of your industry and who invests the time to truly understand your business.
Meet your relationship manager
Take the time to talk with us and you’ll find we’ve years of experience of supporting business in your sector.
You’ll get a sense that you’ve met someone who knows what they are talking about. Someone with an understanding of your business that you can rely on. Straight-talking and meaningful, it will become a partnership focused on building long term relationships.
You’ll see the service we offer, the products, the knowledge and experience of your markets, supported by a banking network throughout Ireland and the UK.
Meet your relationship manager; welcome to a partnership.
Some of the customers we've partnered with
- Through our end-to end involvement in this sector we understand the dynamics of commodity price volatility, working capital cycles and quota opportunities.
- Our clients are maximising growth opportunities following the abolition of EU milk quotas.
- From mid size domestic companies to large international plcs, we have serviced our clients with bespoke solutions in acquisition finance, capex and expansion funding, asset finance, trade finance and foreign exchange products.
Meat Processing & Consumer Foods
- We offer a broad suite of banking products. Talk to our team about cap-ex and expansion funding, invoice financing, seasonal working capital requirements, asset finance, trade finance and full suite of Treasury Products as potential sources of finance.
We understand the uniqueness of agriculture, its market changes, seasonality, production/working capital cycles, consumer demands and quota opportunities. We customise financial products and services to help you with issues such as succession, growth and expansion, as well as the finance or leasing equipment or machinery.
Fisheries & Marine
- We’ve funded many of Ireland’s largest fishing vessels, the pelagic, whitefish and polyvalent vessels as well as on-shore fish processing facilities with products such as term debt, asset finance, working capital and guarantee facilities. Our Relationship Manager will spend the time with you to understand what you need.
The benefits of being an AIB customer
As a Corporate Banking partner in the Food & Agriculture Sector, the team offers key sector insight, striving to improve your business
Over 60 year’s cumulative experience across the team, operating as lead/agent to a number of high profile players across the industry.
A dedicated relationship team who will work closely with you to support, add value and help your business grow.
A personalised relationship experience, a team that understands your industry, its key drivers, challenges, regulations and potential opportunities.
Practical Financing Solutions
- From working Capital requirements to larger structured funding solutions, financings and syndications, right through to your daily banking requirements, the team is on hand to assist you with a wide range of products and solutions to ensure efficient financial management within your business.