The SME Variable Business Loan Interest Rate* minus 1%
- Loan terms from 1 year to a maximum of 10 years
- Loans are available for amounts from €10,000 up to a maximum of €150,000 per Borrower
- No security will be required
- Personal Guarantees are not permitted
- Optional interest-only repayments or interest and / or capital moratoria (up to 90 days) are possible under the Scheme (subject to credit approval)
- An interest-only option is only available at drawdown. If you avail of an Interest Only option at the start of your loan, your total cost of credit will be higher as a result
- Repayment structures that have a final bullet repayment are not permitted
- Loans may only be used for the purposes of upgrading the energy efficiency of the enterprise. To be eligible for inclusion, the asset to be financed must be listed on the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) “Triple E Register for Products”
SBCI Energy Efficiency Loan Scheme at a glance
- A 1% discount off our SME Variable Business Loan rate
- Amounts available from €10k to €150k
- Terms from 1 to 10 years
- No security required
Useful information about eligibility
We're here to help
Eligible SMEs will receive a confirmation letter from the SBCI with a Customer Eligibility Code (which is valid for 6 months).
Contact your Relationship Manager or call our Direct Business Advisors on 0818 478 833, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm with your Customer Eligibility Code to begin your loan application.
Important / Regulatory Information
WARNING: The entire amount you have borrowed will still be outstanding at the end of the interest-only period.
.AIB will not apply charges if you repay an SBCI Energy Efficiency Loan facility early.