The SBCI Brexit Impact Loan scheme is closed to new applications.
The SBCI Variable Interest Rate plus:
- A fixed margin of 3.5% on loans up to and including €250,000.
- A maximum fixed margin of 2.75% on loans of €250,001 and above.
For example: €250,001 over 6 years at 2.75% will have 72 monthly repayments of €3,770.03. The total cost of credit for the loan is €21,441.16
- Loan terms from 1 year to a maximum of 6 years.
- Loans are available for amounts from €25,000 up to a maximum of €1,500,000 (for SME) and €1,400,000 (for Small Mid-Cap).
- No security will be required for loans up to €600,000. Security may be required for higher amounts.
- Optional interest-only repayments or interest and / or capital moratoria (up to 90 days*) are possible under the Scheme (subject to credit approval).
- An interest-only option is only available at first drawdown. If you avail of an Interest Only option at the start of your loan, your total cost of credit will be higher as a result.
- Repayment structures that have a final bullet repayment are not permitted.
- Loans can be used to:
- Fund working capital needs,
- Fund business investment, and;
- Refinance existing SBCI Brexit Loan Scheme facilities
SBCI Brexit Loan at a glance
- Maximum interest rate of 3.5% per annum
- Amount available from €25,000 up to €1,500,000 for SMEs, or €1,400,000 for Small Mid-Cap.
- Terms from 1 to 6 years.
- No security required for loans up to €600,000.
Useful information about eligibility
We're here to help
Eligible SMEs will receive a confirmation letter from the SBCI with a Customer Eligibility Code (which is valid for 6 months).
Contact your Relationship Manager or call our Direct Business Advisors on 0818 478 833, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm with your Customer Eligibility Code to begin your loan application.
Important / Regulatory Information
WARNING: The entire amount you have borrowed will still be outstanding at the end of the interest-only period.
AIB will not apply charges if you repay an SBCI Brexit Impact Loan facility early.
The Brexit Impact Loan Scheme is offered by the Strategic Banking Corporation of Ireland (SBCI) in partnership with the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment (DETE), the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (DAFM), the European Investment Fund (EIF) and the European Investment Bank (EIB).
It is important to be aware that AIB is obliged to share personal information about successful applicants with the SBCI and this information will also be shared with EU Bodies and State Bodies. This will be done with regard to obligations under data protection legislation. You can read our Data Protection – Use of Information Notice by visiting our website or contact us directly for more information on how we use your information.
For information on how the SBCI handles personal data, including information about your data protection rights (in respect of the SBCI) and the contact details of the SBCI’s data protection officer, please refer to the SBCI’s data protection statement.
You also need to be aware that you will need to keep and be able to produce all documents relating to the SBCI Brexit Impact Loan Scheme for a period of 10 years from the end of your loan.
If you provide false information in relation to your eligibility for the Scheme or the amount of State Aid received, AIB are obliged to share this information with the SBCI who may take further action. This may also result in the termination of your loan facility and a demand for early repayment in full.
Lending Criteria, terms and conditions apply. Credit facilities are subject to repayment capacity and financial status and are not available to persons under 18 years of age. Security may be required.