Declined for Finance
AIB has an internal appeals process for SME’s in financial difficulty.
When we decline a request for credit, we'll explain why and work with you to find a solution.
SME credit appeals
You may appeal decisions of the bank where we:
- Have not offered you an alternative arrangement in situations where you believe you are entitled to the offer of an alternative arrangement or,
- Have offered you an alternative arrangement that you are not prepared to accept or,
- Have classified you as not co-operating
- Require a special term or condition in order to provide you with an alternative arrangement, including with to respect to security and guarantees required by us.
This appeal must be sent directly in writing to the Credit Appeals Officer, PO Box 11826, 10 Molesworth Street, Dublin 2, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, within 20 days stating the basis of your appeal. Appeals will be referred to an independent internal Appeals Panel and an update issued to you within 15 business days.
If your appeal is unsuccessful and the facility is for between €1,000 and €3,000,000, you can refer your case to the Credit Review Office.
You can contact the Credit Review Office by post, phone or email:
Credit Review Office, The Plaza, East Point Business Park, Dublin 3
- Phone: 0818 211 789
- Email: Info@creditreview.ie
- Office Hours: 9am-1pm; 2pm-5pm
If we can't find another solution, you could be eligible for a Microfinance Ireland loan. This is an initiative by the Irish Government. They offer loans of €2,000-25,000 to micro-enterprises (less than €2million turnover and fewer than 10 employees).