COVID-19 solutions to assist our vulnerable customers
In this difficult time, we know some of our customers may not be familiar with managing banking from home. That is why we have introduced the following additional supports.
Priority banking hours for the elderly or vulnerable customers
We have priority hours in our branches for our elderly and vulnerable customers until 11am each morning. We are asking our other customers to plan their branch visits outside these times.
Nominate someone you trust to take cash out
This Covid 19 Temporary Cash Agent service has been discontinued since the 15th November 2021. However we continue to provide a range of supports to meet the needs of our customers:
- A dedicated line for over 65’s and their carers. If you phone us on 1800 207 232, a dedicated team of customer care experts is on hand who can support you with your banking arrangements. The line is open from 9.00 to 16.00, Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays).
- We are here to support you with advice and guidance, and to answer any questions you may have, so just ask any of us. General Branch opening hours are Monday– Friday 10.am to 4pm with late opening to 5pm one day per week. Full details of the nearest AIB Branch are available on aib.ie. Tuesday to Thursday from 10.30 to 12.00 are quieter times in our branches, so it may suit you to plan your visit around these times.
- You can also use your phone to bank with us through AIB Phone Banking. You can sign up for AIB Phone Banking by calling us on 0818 724 724.
- Our Internet or Mobile banking channels have a range of features, including allowing you to make payments to another person.
- AIB at An Post. With AIB at An Post, we continue to support you at your local post office, where you can carry out many day-to-day banking transactions using your AIB Debit card.
A dedicated line for over 65’s and their carers
We have a dedicated phone line for customers who are over 65, their carers or for people concerned about financial abuse.
You can ask us for help if:
- You need help to organise banking from your home
- You are caring for one of our customers and need support with banking arrangements
- You are worried that someone else has control over your money without your permission
Please keep this line free for our most vulnerable customers.
This line is managed by a dedicated team of customer care experts and is open from 9 to 4, Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays).
Call us on: 1800 207 232
Managing your day to day banking from home
We can help you manage your banking in a safe way without leaving your home
You can use your card to make payments over the phone
- Many businesses will take card payments over the phone. If you ring them they will take your Debit or Credit card details from you. They will never ask for your card PIN.
Our Internet or Mobile banking channels have a range of features including allowing you to make payments to another person.
You can also use your phone to bank with us through AIB Phone Banking. You can sign up for AIB Phone Banking by calling 0818 724 724. Find out more about AIB Phone Banking here.
The Banking & Payments Federation Ireland have a useful guide that gives advice for those cocooning. The guide is available here.
What to do if you are concerned about fraud or someone controlling your money
If you suspect that fraud has happened on your bank account or you see unusual activity on it, contact us immediately here.
If you are worried that someone else might have control over your money without your permission, you can ask us for help. Also let us know if you are concerned that a family member or friend has lost control of their money to someone they don’t trust.
More information and contact details can be found here.