AIB at An Post
- With AIB at An Post, you can do much of your regular banking, even on a Saturday morning:
- Withdraw up to €600 cash per day using your AIB Debit Card
- Pay your AIB Credit Card bill with cash or Debit Card using the credit transfer attached to the bill
- Lodge cash using your AIB Debit Card or your AIB personalised lodgement book, which can be pre-ordered through your AIB branch.*
- Lodge up to €200 in coin per week, once correctly sorted and bagged.
- Lodge cheques to your AIB accounts using your AIB Debit Card or your AIB personalised lodgement book at designated post offices.
- Cash and cheque lodgements must be lodged separately. AIB fees and charges will apply to each lodgement.
- Cheques lodged at the designated Post Offices will not be deemed credited to an AIB account until received by AIB, which should be on the next business day after the lodgement has been processed by An Post and subject to the lodgement being made up to 15 minutes before the latest time of posting** (which is displayed in the Post Office) at the An Post outlet. Lodgements received by An Post after this time or on a non AIB business day (e.g. a Saturday) will be received and processed by AIB two business days after the lodgement is received by An Post. Though credited to an account when paid in, you should not use the funds until they have cleared.
- For further information on AIB fees and charges see A Guide to Fees and Charges for Personal Accounts
* For security purposes, a maximum limit may apply to the amount of cash that may be lodged in a single transaction, this cash limit may be subject to variation from time to time and also between An Post outlets. If the amount of cash in your lodgement exceeds this maximum limit you will be advised by the Postmaster. AIB fees and charges apply.
**Latest time of posting will vary across the range of Post Offices offering this service.
Talk to Us
Simply call your branch - contact details can be found using the following branch locator (our lines are open 7 days a week 8am to midnight), or drop into any AIB branch. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have about ways to bank with AIB.