A range of self-service machines to help you bank quickly & securely.
There is so much you can do in your local AIB Branch without having to visit the counter. With our Quick Banking machines in each local branch you can bank quickly and conveniently.
We’re on hand in your local branch to show you how to use our Quick Banking machines.
Using Quick Banking to pay cash and cheques into accounts
Using the machine is a handy way to pay cash or cheques into an account without filling in any forms or dockets. The machine reads your cheques, counts your cash and adds up the total.
You need your AIB Debit Card/Express Card to use the machine. If you are paying into an account that is not yours, enter either an AIB or Bank of Ireland Debit or Credit card and key in the relevant NSC (National Sort Code) and account number. Then follow the onscreen instructions.
· A fast and easy way to pay cash and cheques into accounts
· You’ll get an acknowledgement slip
· You can mix cash and cheques in one payment
· You can take cash out at some of the machines
· Make cash payments against your AIB Personal Credit Card
You can pay in a maximum of 25 cheques and, typically, up to 120 notes in one transaction.
Cheques paid in during branch opening hours will land in the account by 19:30 that evening. Cheques paid in outside business hours will land in the account by 19:30 the next available day that we’re open (a business day is a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday on which are generally open for business).
We will verify all money you pay in. Cheques are verified and cleared by the paying bank. The terms and conditions of your AIB Account also apply to any payments you make into that account.
For more details on our machines, please see our useful information leaflet on Cash & Cheque Lodgements and ATMs.
AIB Self Service Lobby
AIB has self-service lobby locations nationwide operating from 08:00 to 21:00 seven days a week, offering access to our Quick banking machines.
Where can I find my nearest Self-Service Lobby?
The Lobbies are located at the following AIB Branches:
26 Patrick Street
100/101 Grafton Street
1/4 Bagot Street
9 Terenure Road East,
140 Lower Drumcondra Road,
West End Retail Park,
Dublin 16 - The Lab**
Level 1, Dundrum Town Centre,
Naas Road Business Centre,
96 Clanbrassil Street,
Dundalk, Co Louth
3 High Street,
25 Main Street,
106 O'Connell Street
41 South Main Street,
1-2 Castle Street,
Where can I find my nearest outside Cash & Cheque Lodgement Machine?
Cash and Cheque Lodgement Machines are located outside the following Branches and are available 24/7:
Crumlin Rd, Dublin 12
Douglas Rd, Cork
Dun Laoghaire, Dublin
IFSC, Dublin 1
Newcastle West, Limerick
O'Connell St, Dublin 1
Santry, Dublin 9
Tuam Rd, Galway
Kiosk Banking is a fast, convenient option in our local branches to bank with no forms or dockets. To use the kiosk, you need your AIB Debit Card and your PIN (Personal Identification Number) or Phone and Internet Banking registration number and Personal Access Code (PAC) with AIB Debit Card and your PIN. Then, simply follow the onscreen instructions.
With Kiosk Banking you can:
- Log in with Card & Pin to view your account balances and transactions
- Print your NSC and Account Number details, with your BIC and IBAN numbers
- Transfer money between your own accounts, or to another Irish account
- Transfer money to international accounts
- Pay bills, including utilities and your AIB Credit Card bill
- Create, view, change and cancel any scheduled Standing Orders
- View and cancel any direct debits
- Top-up any pre-paid mobile phone on the Vodafone, Three and Tesco Mobile networks
- Serve notice for your Online Notice Deposit accounts
- View and print statements, choose estatements
- View payments made in and out of your accounts
- View and search the last 24 months of transactions on your current accounts and credit card
- Quickly access and print the last three months', last six months' or the last year's transactions on your current accounts and credit card
- View up to seven years of statements, and print proof of address
- Manage my details – tell us your new postal address, email address, and up to three telephone numbers
- Report lost or stolen credit cards, request PIN reminder, amend direct debit to pay your credit card bills, request a limit increase, order a replacement card, freeze or unfreeze credit cards or add an authorised user.
- Apply for an AIB CLICK Credit Card
- Open an Online Saver Account
- Manage your Debit Cards - report lost or stolen, order a replacement card or freeze or unfreeze Debit cards
- Register for Internet Banking, so you can access your accounts when and where you want
- Get a reminder of your Internet Banking Registration Number, and be able to reset or change your PAC (Personal Access Code)
- Order a card reader to use with your internet banking
- Stop cheques
- View and Print Fee Advices and Annual Statement of Fees.
- If you are a business customer, apply for a lodgement card.
Standard electronic charges will apply for all payment transactions completed on AIB Kiosk Banking. Terms and conditions apply.
For information on cut-off times for International Payments please click here.
AIB Phone Banking is a branch telephone banking service offered to personal customers.
With Phone Banking you can:
- Use Phone Banking Services; check account balances, funds available, most recent transactions or hear the PIN for your Personal Visa Debit Card.
- Apply for AIB Products; apply for a Loan, Overdraft, Credit Card, Savings Account, Mortgage or Insurance Policy.
- Use Account Services; stop cheques or order a duplicate statement.
- Use Card Services; report your card lost or stolen, replace your card or PIN, credit card limit increase or order an Express Lodge card.
Fees and charges may apply. See our Guide to Fees and Charges for Personal Accounts.
ATMs are not just for cash transactions. Using your ATM Debit Card and PIN you can also complete balancing enquiries and change your PIN. Additionally on certain machines you can top up your mobile phone and order a mini statement for your account or lodge Cash and cheques.
To find where your nearest AIB ATM is located, Click on our Branch Locator.
Fees and Charges may apply. See our Guide to Fees and Charges for Personal Accounts and Business Fees and Charges. Euro cash withdrawals can be made from an AIB Current account using an AIB Debit Card up to the value of €600 per day.
Help and Guidance
Find out how personal customers can reduce their banking costs
Find details of specific current security threats to our Internet and Mobile Banking customers and alerts that you should be aware of
For all service related queries please visit our Help Centre
Find out more about AIB Kiosk Banking transaction limits.
Information on how to make an International Payment.
Lending criteria, terms and conditions apply.
Credit facilities are subject to repayment capacity and financial status and are not available to persons under 18 years of age. Security may be required. A facility fee of €25.39 applies to Personal Overdrafts. Government stamp duty of €30 is charged annually per credit card account. Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. is an authorised agent and servicer of AIB Mortgage Bank u.c. in relation to origination and servicing of mortgage loans and mortgages. AIB Mortgage Bank u.c. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. is an agent of AIB Insurance Services Limited in relation to provision of general insurance products. AIB Car Insurance is exclusively underwritten by AXA Insurance Ltd. AIB Home Insurance is exclusively underwritten by AXA Insurance Ltd. AIB Health Insurance is exclusively underwritten by Aviva Health Insurance Ireland Ltd. Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. has an indirect holding of 30% in Aviva Health Insurance Ireland Ltd. AIB Insurance Services Ltd is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.