We all have that thing we’d love to do.
COVID-19 : If you are experiencing an income reduction because of COVID-19, we have some options you can consider here.
Choose Your Loan
Personal Loans - Key Information
Flexible loan terms from 1 to 5 years
Apply online, in branch or by phone for amounts from €1,000 - €30,000 to receive a decision in 3 hours*. For amounts up to €75,000 you can apply in your branch or by phoning us on 1890 724 724.
Competitive Interest rate for new loans at 8.95% APR). The standard lending rate is available on amounts up to €50,000
No penalty for unscheduled repayments.
Online Loans - Key Information
- Flexible loan terms from 1 to 5 years
- If you hold a Personal Bank Account or AIB Advantage account for more than six month and are registered for AIB Phone & Internet Banking, you can apply for a Personal Loan or Loan Top Up online through AIB Internet Banking, our AIB Mobile or AIB Tablet Banking app. Your salary must be paid directly to your AIB current account.
- You can apply for a loan of between €1,000 and €30,000 online. For amounts up to €75,000 please contact your local branch or call us on 1890 724 724.
- Competitive Interest rate for new loans at 8.95% APR
- You may apply online for a loan in your sole name only - joint applications are not available.
- If you are a Student Plus account holder and wish to avail of a Reduced Rate Loan, please apply through your local branch. Alternatively you can call the AIB Student & Graduate Centre on 1890 788 336, lines are open 8am to 9pm Monday – Friday and Saturday 9am to 6pm.
- If you wish to restructure your existing AIB loan, clear your AIB credit card or overdraft, please contact your local branch to make an appointment with one of our lenders who will go through your application with you.
If you are not registered for AIB Phone & Internet Banking, or not currently an AIB customer, you can still apply for a Personal Loan online just click the ‘Not registered for Internet Banking? – Apply here’ button and fill out the online application form.
* 3 hour loan decision applies to fully completed new personal loan applications processed within 3 hours 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri excl. bank holidays. Loans from €1,000-€30,000. Excludes applications: to restructure or clear existing AIB credit facilities; received through Branch and referred to a lender for review, from customers in financial difficulty; for Student and First loans; applications through Business Centres; or where total borrowings exceed €100,000 (excluding Home Loan debt up to €600,000).
How to Apply
Registered for AIB Internet Banking? Click here to apply
Not Registered for AIB Internet Banking, not currently an AIB customer or want to apply for more than €30,000? Click here to apply
Branch: Drop into your local branch, they'll help you with the application.
Phone: 1890 724 724 Opening Hours: Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Financial planning – Key information
Click here for more advice about planning the rest of your finances.
Warning: If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.
What some of our customers say
Lending criteria, terms and conditions apply. Credit facilities are subject to repayment capacity and financial status and are not available to persons under 18 years of age. Security may be required. A typical €1,500 one year loan with a variable interest rate of 8.65% and 8.95% APR (Annual Percentage Rate), where the APR does not vary during the term, would have monthly repayments of €130.48 and the total cost of credit (the total amount repayable less the amount of the loan) would be €65.76.