Which AIB Cards can I use with Google Pay?
AIB Personal Credit Cards
AIB Debit Cards
AIB Visa Corporate and Business Credit Cards are not currently supported.
How do I add my card to Google Pay?
1. Open the Google Pay app and tap the ‘+’ icon.
2. Line up your AIB card within the frame on the screen to capture your card details automatically or enter these details manually.
Note: Any card(s) previously registered in the Google Play Store will be automatically displayed.
3. Confirm your details, your CVC and your address.
Your CVC is the 3 digit code on/beside the signature panel on the back of your card
4. Read, and if you are happy to do so, Accept the Terms and Conditions.
5. Verify your card by following the on-screen instructions.
i. If your mobile number is registered with AIB you will be prompted to verify using a One-Time Passcode sent by text message
ii. If your mobile number is NOT registered with AIB you will be prompted to verify by calling our Customer Support team
6. Complete, you’re now ready to use Google Pay.
How do I use Google Pay?
For transactions under €30, simply wake your phone. For added security, you will occasionally be required to also unlock your device.
For transactions over €30*, unlock your device and hold the back of it to the Contactless payment terminal until you see a checkmark. Your phone will beep and/or vibrate to confirm that the payment has been made.
* Google Pay transactions above €30 may not be supported by some merchant terminals
Just select the Buy with Google Pay button at checkout within participating apps.
Google Pay works with all AIB Cards excluding Visa Corporate and Business Credit Cards. Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Google Pay works with all AIB Cards excluding Visa Corporate and Business Credit Cards.
Google Pay works with compatible Android devices that are NFC capable. The App is available from Google Play Store. Card activation requires mobile data or Wi-Fi connection. Mobile data or Wi-Fi connection is also required periodically to replenish security settings or after a device restart. Android, Google Pay and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
Digital Wallet means a digital wallet or any other electronic payment system which facilitates the use of your Card or an electronic record of your Card for the purposes of carrying out Transactions and in which your Card has been registered.