One Plan Protection
We want to always be there to take care of our family’s needs, but no one can predict the future.
- 1 in 4 say their family would struggle financially if something were to happen to them.
- Just 1 in 2 adults have some life insurance.
Source: Irish Life, 2015.
OnePlan Protection from Irish Life is one of the biggest innovations in life insurance in Ireland. It combines different types of cover in the one plan, including Life Insurance Cover, Bill Cover and Specified Illness Cover.
OnePlan Protection is a new protection plan based on the cover people and families in Ireland need most – a replacement income for your family if you die before your cover ends, money to cover your bills if you cannot work due to illness or injury and a lump sum for recuperation if you were to suffer from one of the specified illnesses covered under the plan.
OnePlan Protection offers a number of benefits from which you can choose, depending on your needs and personal circumstances.
Protection products are provided by Irish Life Assurance plc.
Features and Benefits of OnePlan Protection
- Decreasing Life Cover pays a lump sum to replace your income if anyone covered for this benefit on the plan dies.
- Bill Cover pays money for your essential monthly bills (mortgage, rent, utility bills) if you are unable to work due to illness or injury while you are employed. If you have Bill Cover and are unemployed for more than one month, you will not be able to claim for this cover
- Specified Illness Cover provides a lump sum if you are diagnosed with one of the conditions covered under the plan
- Allows you flexibility to change your plan if your circumstances change. You can change your level of cover and benefits from the first anniversary of you starting your plan
- Includes additional benefits such as children’s cover, terminal illness cover and guaranteed insurability depending on the benefits your have on your plan
- Allows you to choose guaranteed cover again as an optional benefit at an additional cost on certain benefits
- Provides money to your family to help them cover the cost of your funeral and other related expenses (this is optional cover, if selected you will be charged an additional cost)
OnePlan Protection may be of interest to you if you
- Are over the age of 18
- Would like the option to also cover your partner;
- Would like to combine multiple types of cover in one plan for one payment;
- Want flexibility to change your plan if your circumstances change;
OnePlan Protection may NOT be of interest to you if you
- Are under the age of 18
- Are looking for a savings plan
- You must keep up your payments to stay on cover. This is a life insurance plan not a savings plan so you cannot cash it in.
- If after buying your plan you feel it is not suitable, you have 30 days to cancel it – any payments you have made within the first 30 days of sending you the details of your plan you will be refunded.
- For full information and benefit descriptions including any restrictions and exclusions you must read the OnePlan Protection booklet and terms and conditions booklet.
- Before taking out insurance cover you’ll need to meet with a financial advisor. Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. is tied to Irish Life and can advise you on OnePlan Protection.
- Your financial adviser can help you see what level of cover you might need. This can vary depending on your circumstances, for example what level of income you have. You can choose one of three bundled cover options, Standard, Essential or Comprehensive to best suit your budget. You can also tailor the benefits according to your needs; you can choose any benefit on its own or a combination of benefits. Your financial adviser can help you choose the best benefits for you.
Need help in deciding if OnePlan Protection is right for you? You can also...
Call us on 01 771 5867
- Request a Call-back from one of our Financial Advisors
Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. is tied to Irish Life Assurance plc for life and pensions business.
Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Irish Life Assurance plc is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.