Managing your pension when you retire
You've worked hard and spent years saving for your retirement, now it's here we can help you enjoy it. There are different ways to turn your pension fund into an income - let us help you get it right.
Your options at retirement
Once you retire, there are different options available to you, depending on how you wish to access and use your retirement fund.
Tax free retirement lump sum
You can choose to take 25% of your pension in the form of the retirement lump sum, of which the first €200,000 is tax free up to certain limits. The other 75% can be used to provide you with an ongoing pension income (an annuity).
Regular income and other choices
Most people choose to take an annuity, which provides a regular monthly income in retirement. (Please note pension income in retirement is subject to tax.) Alternatively, you can choose to re-invest your retirement fund.