Notice to customers about changes to our services, fees and charges
From 11 November 2017, we are changing some of our service times, refund processes and the charging options we offer, in order to match changes in the Payment Services Directive 2 (PSD2).
PSD2 is the second payments directive from the EU which aims to improve how payments are made.
Under these changes:
- You may have more time to make and receive payments each business day.
- Payments you receive may clear in your account earlier than they do now.
- You will no longer have the option to pay the receiver’s charges for those payments you make to countries in the European Economic Area (EEA). You may only share the charges. For payments to any country outside the EEA you can continue to pay your receiver’s charges (our ‘Sender’ option), when using our Paylink service. This option is not available when you make the payment through our Internet or Kiosk Banking services.
- We will change the relevant sections of the Schedule of International Transaction Charges.
- Where we refund a payment that you claimed was unauthorised, but if it turns out not to be, we can reclaim it from your account.
We will assume that you accept the changes to the terms and conditions when you use the services affected by these changes after 11 November 2017. You may cancel a card or account at anytime, provided you pay any balance or fees that you owe on it.
For FAQ's please go here