Make easy and secure payments in seconds
Another easy way to pay.
Fitbit Pay is the fast, simple way to pay with your wearable Fitbit device and AIB. When you use your Fitbit device to pay In-store it does not send your AIB card number to make your payment – your card details stay safe and secure in your Fitbit account.
Fitbit Charge 3 (Only available on special editions)
Visa Debit Personal and Business
Personal Credit Cards (Visa Only)
AIB Visa Corporate and Business Credit Cards are not currently supported.
Using the Fitbit App on iOS, Android or Windows, complete the following steps to add your AIB card to Fitbit Pay:
1) Open the Fitbit Pay app on your iPhone, Android or Windows phone to enter your card information in the Fitbit Pay wallet. Locate this wallet by tapping the picture of your device in the top left corner of the screen.
2) Open the wallet. Fitbit security will require you to enter your PIN/fingerprint in order to access the wallet. You can then add a card by selecting the ‘+’ symbol in the top left hand corner. Do this by entering card number, expiry date and CVC, press NEXT and then follow the on-screen instructions.
3) Read and confirm if you are happy to accept the Digital Wallet Terms and Conditions.
4) Complete the following verification steps. Once this is complete and the bank confirms the card it appears in your wallet.
i. If your mobile number is registered with AIB you will be prompted to verify using a One-Time Passcode sent by text message. You then enter this Passcode into the Fitbit Wallet to verify the card and add it to your device.
ii. If you’re mobile number is NOT registered with AIB you will be prompted to verify by calling our Customer Support team. You will receive a push notification on your phone when the Customer Support team have verified your card.
5) Sync and Complete. The app syncs to your Fitbit Ionic, Versa or Charge 3 (Only available on special editions) device and the card is now displayed on-screen on your wrist and ready to use. AIB will send you a confirmation SMS after the card has been successfully added to your device.
For transactions under €30, simply wake your Fitbit. For added security, you will occasionally be required to also unlock your Fitbit device.
For transactions over €30*, unlock your Fitbit device and hold the back of it to the Contactless payment terminal until you see a checkmark. Your phone will beep and/or vibrate to confirm that the payment has been made.
* Fitbit Pay transactions above €30 may not be supported by some merchant terminals
You can use Fitbit Pay wherever Contactless payments are accepted; just look for the Contactless symbol.
Look for either of these symbols at checkout.
See your transactions
You can see a record of every payment you’ve made using Fitbit Pay by checking your account history in the AIB Mobile Banking app or in AIB Online Banking.
You can also see your last 3 Fitbit Pay payments, including merchant details, under ‘Transaction history’ in your digital wallet and Fitbit Device.
Fitbit Pay works with all AIB Cards excluding AIB Mastercards and Visa Corporate and Business Credit Cards. Fitbit Pay works on Fitbit Versa™, Fitbit Ionic™ or Fitbit Charge 3™ (special edition) devices. Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Digital Wallet means a digital wallet or any other electronic payment system which facilitates the use of your Card or an electronic record of your Card for the purposes of carrying out Transactions and in which your Card has been registered.