From 25 May 2023, the ability to open new Sterling Current Accounts is unavailable to customers until further notice.
Dedicated Customer Service.
Our Customer Service Unit is available from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Call + 353 1 6115210 (not on ROI Bank Holidays).
Financial Services Compensation Scheme
In the event that Allied Irish Banks p.l.c, London Branch is unable to meet its financial obligations, your eligible deposits are protected up to a total of £85,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, the UK’s deposit protection scheme. In the case of joint accounts, each account holder is protected up to this limit.
For further information about the scheme, view the FSCS Brochure as well as the Information Sheet and Exclusions List or refer to the FSCS website www.fscs.org.uk.
- The account is provided by Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c., London Branch. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.
- Incoming and Outgoing International payments are not supported, only sterling payments within the UK (UK Interbank Payments) are supported.
- Accounts must be operated in credit at all times. Any items presented on the account where there are insufficient funds may be returned unpaid.
- No credit interest is payable.
- Direct cash lodgements or withdrawals are not supported.
- Personal customers have no online access to these accounts.
- Note: Joint accounts are available to a maximum of 4 parties.
- As part of our Sustainability agenda and in line with our Terms and Conditions, we are changing the frequency of statements issued in certain situations. In future where an account has not been transacted on in 365 days, statements will only be sent every 6 months, irrespective of the frequency set, until such time as the account is transacted on again.
If you have a Sterling Current Account and wish to make an Interbank Payments within the UK please download this form. UK Interbank Payment Form (PDF, 139.3k)