Confirm by AIB Authenticator App
We have introduced new ways to fight fraud when you use your business credit and debit cards to shop online.
This extra security is called Strong Customer Authentication or SCA for short.
We need you and any additional business cardholders to download and enrol for the new AIB Authenticator app.
This is necessary to reduce fraud and make your purchases online safer.
To get ready, download the AIB Authenticator app from the relevant app store and follow the instructions to set it up.
Your card may not work when you shop online if you are not enrolled on the app.
What do you need to do now?
1. Download the AIB Authenticator app
If you are registered for our Phone and Internet banking service, you need to use your registration number and personal access code for your personal or sole trader accounts to log into the app.
If you don’t use AIB Phone and Internet Banking or only have this service for limited company, you need to register through the app so that we know it’s you using the card.
2. Confirm your mobile numbers in the AIB Authenticator app
We will ask you to confirm your mobile numbers (personal and business) by sending you a code to your phone to enter into the app.
3. Add your card
Add your business cards and you’re ready to use your card online. You can add more than one business card to the app.
4. Turn on notifications
You can check notifications by going into settings on your phone, select AIB Authenticator and make sure notifications for the app are turned on.
5. Share this information
Let all additional cardholders know that they need to download the AIB Authenticator app too.
How to confirm it’s you using the AIB Authenticator App
- When you are shopping online and you are asked to confirm it’s you, you will see a message on screen asking you to check your phone
- On your phone, tap on the message. Then follow the instructions to confirm the purchase
- Finally, return to the online store and press the button “I have approved in my app” or “complete” to finish your purchase