Using Phone & Internet Banking and Password for Online Purchases
Using the AIB Mobile App is the easiest way to confirm your online purchases. If you do not have the AIB Mobile app, you can use Phone & Internet Banking and set up a password to confirm your purchases instead.
When shopping online and you are asked to confirm it’s really you using your card, you will be asked to enter the password you created along with a one-time passcode sent to your phone.
Already Registered for AIB Phone & Internet Banking
- Log securely into AIB Internet Banking
- Click "Services & Settings"
- Select “Security & Access”
- Click “Password for Online Purchases”
- Click “Set Up”
We will ask you to confirm your mobile number and we will send you a one-time passcode as part of this set up.
How do I confirm my purchase using password and text for online purchases
1. When you are shopping online and you are asked to confirm it’s you, you will see a message on screen asking you to enter your password
2. Enter your password and click continue
3. Enter the 6 digit code sent to your mobile and click Continue
Then follow the on-screen instructions to confirm the purchase.
Don’t have the Mobile app or Phone & Internet Banking?
If the Mobile app or Phone & Internet Banking isn’t for you, our team can tell you about other ways to make your online shopping even more secure.
Phone 0818 724 020 (+353 1 771 2424 from outside Ireland) to get set up.