To pay a contact that banks with AIB:
1. Log in to AIB Mobile Banking.
2. Go to the Pay & Transfer menu and tap Pay an Irish account.
3. Tap Pay a Contact.
If it’s your first time using Pay a Contact or you haven’t already set up Pay a Contact to receive money you will be asked to set it up. You will need to:
- Select the account you wish to link your mobile number to
- Read the consent details and tick it to confirm you’re happy to continue.
If you don’t want to set up Pay a Contact at this point (to receive money) you can skip set up by choosing the Pay a Contact option and continue in making a payment.
4. Allow AIB access to your contacts (if this is the first time using Pay a Contact).
5. Search for the person you want to pay and tap on their name. (If the contact that you selected is not an AIB customer or hasn’t set themselves up to receive money using their mobile number you will be given the option to pay them using an IBAN.)
6. Enter the payment amount. Add messages for yourself and the person you’re paying if you want. Tap Continue.
7. Check the details are correct. Tap Confirm. The payment will be processed immediately.
Find Q&As on Pay a Contact here