Protect your Mortgage
Mortgage Life Insurance, commonly known as mortgage protection is a common form of life insurance. It is designed so that your mortgage will be paid off if you die during the term of your plan. Mortgage Lenders will require that you have mortgage protection in place before providing or granting you with a mortgage.
Protection products are provided by Irish Life Assurance plc.
AIB Mortgage Protection Insurance
Benefits of AIB Mortgage Life Insurance
Our mortgage protection plan is called AIB Mortgage Life Insurance. This plan pays out a cash lump sum if you die during the term of your plan. When taking out Mortgage Protection you can choose to add on a Specified Illness plan which will provide a cash lump sum to help you repay your mortgage and other bills should you be diagnosed with one of the specified Illnesses covered during the term of your plan.
Additional Information about AIB Mortgage Life Insurance
- You must be aged between 18 and 74
- Term for Life Cover is 5 to 40 years or up to age 80, whichever is earlier
- Term for Specified Illness Cover is 5 to 40 years or up to age 75, whichever is earlier
- If you stop making your regular monthly premium payment, you will no longer be protected and we will not return the monthly premiums to you
- The amount of your monthly premium is guaranteed to stay the same for the entire period that you are insured for
- You cannot change the amount or level of cover you have though it will decrease as the amount that remains on your outstanding mortgage balance decreases
- The minimum monthly premium is €13 (price exclusive of the 1% government levy)
- Only available if you are living in the Republic of Ireland
- For full information describing the benefits and restrictions and exclusions, please read the AIB Mortgage Life Insurance booklet and terms and conditions booklet
AIB Mortgage Life Insurance Booklet Downloads
Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. is tied to Irish Life Assurance plc for life and pensions business. Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Irish Life Assurance plc is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.