Green Living Getaway Competition Terms And Conditions
1. To be eligible to enter the competition each entrant must:
a. be over 18 years of age;
b. be a resident in the republic of Ireland.
2. To enter the competition each entrant, having complied with term 1 (a) to (b) inclusive, must register to enter, and then correctly complete and submit the online competition entry form on aib.ie/personal-forms/green-living-getaway-competition.
3. Only one correct competition entry per person, per day, will be accepted. No entries will be accepted after the closing dates and times for each competition.
4. The competition will open from 12pm on Tuesday 20 September 2022 to 6pm on Thursday 22 September 2022 for competition entrants.
5. Directors, officers, employees, contractors or agents of Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. and its subsidiaries, affiliates (together referred to as “AIB”) or advertising or promotional agencies and members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter the competition and/or win any prizes.
6. No purchase of any product is required to enter the draw.
7. The winner will be selected from the valid, eligible, correctly answered entries submitted between 9am Tuesday 20 September 2022 and 6pm Thursday 22 September 2022, by a panel comprising 2 AIB and 1 EBS judge based on the tie-breaker provided. The winning selection is final and binding on entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. AIB can extend or withdraw the promotion period at any time or change any aspect of the prize or the competition at any stage without prior notice.
9. Closing date for the last day of competition entries is 6pm on Thursday 22 September 2022.
10. The prize consists of a two night stay in Lough Hyne for a family of two adults and two children, with an opportunity for the winners to participate in Atlantic Sea Kayaking on Lough Hyne subject to any age, height or other safety restrictions which may apply. No transport to or from the location in Lough Hyne, Co. Cork, is included in these prizes. Vouchers to make direct bookings with the accommodation and the sea kayaking for the winners will be shared electronically, or sent via registered post, or via courier to the winner.
11. AIB accepts no responsibility for entries that are incomplete, illegible or fail to be redeemed by the relevant closing date for any reason.
12. No warranty or guarantee is given by AIB in relation to any of the prizes and to the fullest extent permitted by law, AIB, its agents, associated companies, and trading partners will not be liable for any loss, damage, delay, additional expenses, injury or death howsoever caused, whether in contract, tort (including without limitation, negligence, fraud or malicious act), statutory or otherwise arising out of the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize awarded pursuant to the Promotion and AIB does not recommend or guarantee the performance of any contractor or the obligations of any third parties associated with any prize (including without limitation AIB of any prize) and will not be liable for any fraud committed by any third party. Non-scheduled meals and transportation, accommodation, travel insurance, spending money, accommodation in Lough Hyne incidentals (e.g. telephone, minibar, laundry, etc), any applicable taxes and any other expenses not stated in these terms and conditions are not included.
13. The winner will be notified by email within 2 working days of the closing date of the draw. If a winner is not contactable within these 2 working days, another winner will be chosen. The winner will be asked to accept the prize via response to this notification email. Once accepted the winner will be requested to provide their full address including their Eircode, should they wish to receive physical vouchers, as this is the address to which vouchers will be delivered to by registered post or courier.
14. The name of any winner may be obtained by any entrant to the competition by sending an e-mail to AIB.firstname.lastname@example.org. The winner may be required to take part in publicity. AIB reserves the right to use information relating to the competition winner, including their name, in any publicity relating to the draw both in paper and online. The winner may be required to contribute content to AIB Facebook, Twitter or Linkedin pages. This will be subject to editing and approval by AIB.
15. Notwithstanding that the winner has been declared, if AIB discovers before the distribution of the prize that for any reason under these terms and conditions the winner should have been ineligible to enter the competition or if the entry should have been declared invalid, AIB reserves the right to determine that the winner is disqualified.
16. AIB may not be held liable for any breakdowns, accidents, faults or technical complications in relation to this competition. AIB does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to delays or malfunctions of the Internet; misdirected entries; any problems, delays or technical malfunctions of any telephone, broadband or other network or of lines, computer online systems, servers, computers, or other equipment or software; failure of any entry to be received; or any damage to the entrants or any other persons computer, other equipment or software resulting from participation in the draw.
17. Entry into the competition will be deemed to be full and unconditional acceptance of these terms and conditions by the entrant.
18. This competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.com, LinkedIn.com or Twitter.com.
19. By entering this competition, each entrant agrees to release Facebook.com, LinkedIn.com or Twitter.com from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind, either directly or indirectly related to or arising from the competition or from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize.
20. To the fullest extent permitted by law, AIB takes no responsibility for any/all liabilities howsoever arising in relation to this promotion including without limitation any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from this promotion or for any loss or damage howsoever arising.
21. If any provision or term of these terms and conditions shall become or declared illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, such term or provision shall be severable for the other terms and conditions and shall be deemed to be deleted from them.
22. These terms and condition are governed by the Laws of Ireland and by entering this competition you are under the jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland should any dispute arise as a result of taking part.
23. AIB reserves the right to vary, cancel or modify the Promotion and/or the Terms and Conditions at any time and for whatever reason and/or amend the Promotion (and/or any related Prizes) in whole or in part at any time due to unforeseen circumstances. AIB is also entitled to vary the prizes if, due to unforeseen circumstances it becomes impossible to provide the prizes as described or in its opinion, it would be inappropriate in any way. In that event, prizes of equal or similar value will be offered.
24. During the Promotion, any request or complaint concerning the Promotion and Terms and Conditions may be sent to: AIB, Marketing Engagement Team, Block H, Central Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18. AIB will not engage in any correspondence related to the selection of any prize winner.
25. User's Personal Data provided as part of their entry to the competition may be processed by AIB, the Data Controller. No special category of personal data will be processed as part of this event unless it is expressly required in relation to the fulfilment of the prize.
26. The personal information that entrants to the competition provide will be used solely for the purpose of administering this competition and will not be retained by AIB thereafter for more than one month after the closing date of the competition.
27. AIB’s Data Protection notice and Frequently Asked Questions can be found online at www.aib.ie/dataprotection
28. The Promoter is Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. registered in Ireland. Registered no. 24173. Registered office: 10 Molesworth Street, Dublin 2. Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.