Earn interest while having the ability to withdraw your money on demand.
Everyone needs to dip in to their savings from time to time.
With a Demand Deposit Account, you can earn interest on your savings, but still access your money whenever you need to. You have the flexibility to save as little or as much as you want whenever you choose. This account is suitable for both lump sum and regular savings.
Demand Deposit Account
Features & Benefits
Available only to Sole Traders
Save as little or as much as you like
There is no minimum or maximum balance
You can withdraw any amount, any time, with no notice required, through any AIB branch or via AIB Phone & Internet Banking services
You will earn variable interest on your money - this is calculated daily and paid to your account in April and October
No maintenance or transaction fees apply but there may be other service charges. For details see "A Guide to Fees and Charges for Personal Accounts"
Note: There is no ATM card issued with a Demand Deposit Account.
Talk to Us
We’re ready to help you start saving today.
Simply drop into any AIB branch. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have and find the right kind of savings account for you.
Help and Guidance
Tax on Interest earned on Deposit Accounts
- We will deduct Deposit Interest Retention Tax (DIRT) at the prevailing rate from all interest earned, unless you are entitled to exemption from DIRT, and we will pay this directly to the Revenue Commissioners
- To the extent that DIRT has been deducted there is no further liability to Irish income tax, but you may be subject to PRSI. Deposit Interest is not liable to the Universal Social Charge
- The Bank will deduct DIRT from the accounts of customers unless a fully completed non-resident declaration form is held by the Bank and a minimum balance of €12,500 is maintained at all times in each account maintained by the customer. Where these conditions are maintained, we will apply this DIRT exemption to all accounts you hold with us
- If you or your spouse are aged 65 or over in the current tax year, or permanently incapacitated, and you are exempt from income tax, you may apply to have all interest on the account paid without deduction of DIRT. Each personal account you hold with us requires a separate application
- Details of your account may be reported to the Revenue Commissioners, in accordance with various legislative requirements covering the United States Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Common Reporting Standard (CRS) and domestic banking payments regulations.
Personal Identification Requirements
View the Demand Deposit Account Terms and Conditions
Find out how even the smallest amount of regular savings will add up
Find out more about our Deposit Account Rates
The Revenue Commissioners is the primary state body responsible for the assessment and collection of taxes and duties
For all service related queries please visit our Help Centre.
AER is annual equivalent rate. Rates quoted are variable. Interest is subject to Deposit Interest Retention Tax (DIRT), at the prevailing rate where applicable (for more information please visit: www.revenue.ie).