Manage your savings online, while having instant access to your money.
Everyone needs to dip in to their savings from time to time.
With a Personal Demand Deposit Account, you can earn interest on your savings, but still access your money whenever you need to. You have the flexibility to save as little or as much as you want whenever you choose. This account is suitable for both lump sum and regular savings.
Personal Demand Deposit Account
Features and Benefits
- The Personal Demand Deposit is available to open through AIB Internet Banking and AIB branches
- To use your account online, you must be a registered user of AIB Phone & Internet Banking
- Account servicing facilities will also be provided in the branch
- You can hold up to four Personal Demand Deposits in your own name or shared with someone else. (The only way to open an account with someone else is to visit your local branch). To run a shared account with someone else fully online the signing instruction must be ’Any one to sign’. This means both of you can use the account independently without the other’s permission.
- Save as little as you like, up to a maximum balance of €1,000,000
- Pay money into your account as often as you like from accounts held on your AIB Internet Banking Profile. You can pay money into your account electronically from other AIB accounts or accounts from other financial institutions. You can also pay money (cheques & cash) directly into your account in our branch network.
- You can take money out of your account any time through AIB Phone & Internet Banking services or in the branch. When taking money out of your account online you must transfer your money electronically to other AIB accounts or accounts from other financial institutions. Learn more about AIB Phone & Internet Banking transfer limits and operating hours
- You earn variable interest on your money - we calculate interest each day and pay it to your account in April and October
- We don’t charge maintenance or transaction fees but there may be other service charges. For details see "A Guide to Fees and Charges for Personal Accounts".
Note: There is no ATM card issued with a Personal Demand Deposit Account.
Talk to Us
We’re ready to help you start saving today.
Simply drop into any AIB branch. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have and find the right kind of savings account for you.
Help and Guidance
Tax on Interest earned on Deposit Accounts:
- We will deduct Deposit Interest Retention Tax (DIRT) at the prevailing rate from all interest earned, unless you are entitled to exemption from DIRT, and we will pay this directly to the Revenue Commissioners
- To the extent that DIRT has been deducted there is no further liability to Irish income tax, but you may be subject to PRSI. Deposit Interest is not liable to the Universal Social Charge
- The Bank will deduct DIRT from the accounts of customers unless a fully completed non-resident declaration form is held by the Bank and a minimum balance of €12,500 is maintained at all times in each account maintained by the customer. Where these conditions are maintained, we will apply this DIRT exemption to all accounts you hold with us.
- If you or your spouse are aged 65 or over in the current tax year, or permanently incapacitated, and you are exempt from income tax, you may apply to have all interest on the account paid without deduction of DIRT. Each personal account you hold with us requires a separate application.
- Details of your account may be reported to the Revenue Commissioners, in accordance with various legislative requirements covering the United States Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Common Reporting Standard (CRS) and domestic banking payments regulations.
Personal Identification Requirements
View the AIB Personal Demand Deposit Account Terms and Conditions
Find out how even the smallest amount of regular savings will add up
Find out more about our Deposit Account Rates
The Revenue Commissioners is the primary state body responsible for the assessment and collection of taxes and duties
For all service related queries please visit our Help Centre.
AER is annual equivalent rate. Rates quoted are variable. Interest is subject to Deposit Interest Retention Tax (DIRT), at the prevailing rate where applicable (for more information please visit: www.revenue.ie).