Flexible and rewarding account that keeps you in control of your savings.
Online Notice Deposit 7 Account is suitable for lump sum savings and can be added to whenever suits you. This account offers the convenience and flexibility of being operated totally online. It offers a variable interest rate and allows you access to your funds by serving a 7 day notice period.
Online Notice Deposit Account
Features and Benefits
- Manage your account easily online
- Get access to your money with a given notice period
- You may earn a variable rate of interest
- No minimum opening balance and a maximum balance of €1,000,000
- Pay money into your account as often as you like from accounts held on your AIB Internet Banking Profile. You can also pay money into your account electronically from other AIB accounts or accounts from other financial institutions
- The Online Notice Deposit 7 Account is available to open through AIB Internet Banking and AIB branches
- You can hold a maximum of four Online Notice Deposit 7 Accounts in your own name or shared with someone else. (The only way to open an account with someone else is to visit your local branch). To run a shared account with someone else the signing instruction is ’Any one to sign’. This means both of you can use the account independently without the other’s permission
- To open an online savings account with AIB, you need to be a personal customer, registered for AIB Phone and Internet Banking and have an AIB payment account e.g. an AIB Demand Deposit Account or AIB Current Account. If you are a new customer or do not already have a suitable AIB Bank Account, we recommend that you open a Personal Demand Deposit Account to avoid transaction fees and charges
- To use your account, you must be a registered user of AIB Internet Banking
- A variable interest rate applies to your money. We calculate interest each day and pay it to your account in April and October
- We don't charge maintenance or transaction fees but there may be other service charges. For details see "A Guide to Fees and Charges for Personal Accounts".
With the Online Notice Deposit 7 Account, you need to give 7 days’ notice for withdrawals online through AIB Internet Banking. Once the 7 days are up, you can make a single withdrawal or multiple withdrawals (up to the amount you served notice on) at any time during the following 7 days.
At the point of serving notice, you can choose to have your money automatically transferred, when your notice has been served in full, to any account on your AIB Internet Banking Profile.
Start saving online today
We’re ready to help you start saving today. Login to our internet banking site, and you'll be saving online within minutes.
Help and Guidance
Terms and Conditions
View the AIB Online Notice Deposit Account Terms and Conditions
Find out more about our Deposit Account Rates
The Revenue Commissioners is the primary state body responsible for the assessment and collection of taxes and duties
Frequently Asked Questions
View our Online Notice Deposit Accounts Frequently Asked Questions
For all service related queries please visit our Help Centre.
Tax on Interest earned on Deposit Accounts:
- We will deduct Deposit Interest Retention Tax (DIRT) at the prevailing rate from all interest earned, unless you are entitled to exemption from DIRT, and we will pay this directly to the Revenue Commissioners
- To the extent that DIRT has been deducted there is no further liability to Irish income tax, but you may be subject to PRSI. Deposit Interest is not liable to the Universal Social Charge
- The Bank will deduct DIRT from the accounts of customers unless a fully completed non-resident declaration form is held by the Bank and a minimum balance of €12,500 is maintained at all times in each account maintained by the customer. Where these conditions are maintained, we will apply this DIRT exemption to all accounts you hold with us
- If you or your spouse are aged 65 or over in the current tax year, or permanently incapacitated, and you are exempt from income tax, you may apply to have all interest on the account paid without deduction of DIRT. Each personal account you hold with us requires a separate application
- Details of your account may be reported to the Revenue Commissioners, in accordance with various legislative requirements covering the United States Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Common Reporting Standard (CRS) and domestic banking payments regulations.
- Personal Identification Requirements
AER is annual equivalent rate. Rates quoted are variable. Interest is subject to Deposit Interest Retention Tax (DIRT), at the prevailing rate where applicable (for more information please visit: www.revenue.ie).