- Manage your account easily online
- Get access to your money with a given notice period
- Earn a variable rate of interest
- No minimum opening balance and a maximum balance of €1,000,000
- Lodge money as often as you like from accounts held on your AIB Internet Banking Profile. You can also lodge money electronically from other AIB accounts or accounts from other financial institutions
- The Online Notice Deposit 7 Account is available to open through AIB Internet Banking and AIB branches
- You can hold a maximum of 4 Online Notice Deposit 7 Accounts whether sole, or joint, or a combination of sole and joint. Joint accounts can only be opened in the branch and the signing instructions must be 'any one to sign' i.e. any customer on the account can give an instruction without the knowledge of the other parties
- To open an online savings account with AIB, you need to be a personal customer, registered for AIB Phone and Internet Banking and have an AIB payment account e.g. an AIB Demand Deposit Account or AIB Current Account. If you are a new customer or do not already have a suitable AIB Bank Account, we recommend that you open a Demand Deposit Account to avoid transaction fees and charges
- To operate your account, you must be a registered user of AIB Internet Banking
- You’ll earn variable interest on your savings. This is calculated daily and paid into your account in April and October
- No maintenance or transaction fees apply but there may be other service charges. For details see "A Guide to Fees and Charges for Personal Accounts".
With the Online Notice Deposit 7 Account, you need to give 7 days’ notice for withdrawals online through AIB Internet Banking. Once the 7 days are up, you can make a single withdrawal or multiple withdrawals (up to the amount you served notice on) at any time during the following 7 days.
At the point of serving notice, you can choose to have your money automatically transferred, when your notice has been served in full, to any account on your AIB Internet Banking Profile.