A savings account that works to your schedule.
The secure, flexible and convenient way to save regularly online.
Designed especially for people who wish to save regularly with the convenience and flexibility of an account that is operated totally online. It’s easy to open and keep track of your savings, at a time that suits you.
Online Saver accounts are available to existing AIB customers who are registered for AIB Phone and Internet Banking and have an AIB payment account (e.g. an AIB Demand Deposit Account or AIB Personal Bank Account) to facilitate their regular monthly savings. If you are a new customer or do not already have a suitable AIB Bank Account, we recommend that you open a Demand Deposit Account to avoid transaction fees and charges.
Features & Benefits
Choose a monthly savings amount that suits you, from as little as €10
This amount will automatically transfer* by way of Standing Order into your Online Saver each month; you can transfer additional amounts up to a maximum balance of €1,000,000 if and when you want to
Easy access to your money without penalty. You must transfer your money to a suitable AIB account featured on your AIB Internet Banking profile. Learn more about AIB Phone & Internet Banking transfer limits and operating hours
You can have up to four Online Saver accounts in your sole name (joint accounts are not available)
You will earn variable interest on your money - this is calculated daily and paid to your account in April
No maintenance or transaction fees apply but there may be other service charges. For details see "A Guide to Fees and Charges for Personal Accounts"
*This payment to the Online Saver Account must come from a suitable payment account such as an AIB Demand Deposit Account or AIB Current Account
Help and Guidance
Tax on Interest earned on Deposit Accounts:
- We will deduct Deposit Interest Retention Tax (DIRT) at the prevailing rate from all interest earned, unless you are entitled to exemption from DIRT, and we will pay this directly to the Revenue Commissioners
- To the extent that DIRT has been deducted there is no further liability to Irish income tax, but you may be subject to PRSI. Deposit Interest is not liable to the Universal Social Charge
- The Bank will deduct DIRT from the accounts of customers unless a fully completed non-resident declaration form is held by the Bank and a minimum balance of €12,500 is maintained at all times in each account maintained by the customer. Where these conditions are maintained, we will apply this DIRT exemption to all accounts you hold with us
- If you or your spouse are aged 65 or over in the current tax year, or permanently incapacitated, and you are exempt from income tax, you may apply to have all interest on the account paid without deduction of DIRT. Each personal account you hold with us requires a separate application
- Details of interest paid may be reported to the Revenue Commissioners, in accordance with the requirements of S.891B of the Taxes Consolidation Act 1997.
Where interest is paid to an individual resident in an EU Member state (other than Republic of Ireland) or certain department territories, that interest will be reported to the Revenue Commissioners in accordance with the European Union Council Directive 2003/48/EC (EU Savings Directive).
Personal Identification Requirements
View the Online Saver Important Information
View the Online Saver Terms and Conditions
Find out how even the smallest amount of regular savings will add up
Find out more about our Deposit Account Rates
The Revenue Commissioners is the primary state body responsible for the assessment and collection of taxes and duties
Frequently Asked Questions
View our Online Saver Frequently Asked Questions
For all service related queries please visit our Help Centre.
AER is annual equivalent rate. Rates quoted are variable. Interest is subject to Deposit Interest Retention Tax (DIRT), at the prevailing rate where applicable (for more information please visit: www.revenue.ie).