Manage your savings online, while having instant access to your money.
Everyone needs to dip in to their savings from time to time.
With an Online Personal Demand Deposit Account, you can earn interest on your savings, but still access your money whenever you need to. You have the flexibility to save as little or as much as you want whenever you choose. This account is suitable for both lump sum and regular savings.
Online Personal Demand Deposit Account
Features and Benefits
- The Online Personal Demand Deposit is available to open through AIB Internet Banking and AIB branches
- To operate your account, you must be a registered user of AIB Phone & Internet Banking
- No account servicing facilities will be provided in the branch
- You can hold a maximum of 4 Online Personal Demand Deposits whether sole, or joint, or a combination of sole and joint. Joint accounts can only be opened in the branch and must hold a signing instructions of 'any one to sign' i.e. any customer on the account can give an instruction without the knowledge of the other parties
- Save as little as you like, up to a maximum balance of €1,000,000
- Lodge money as often as you like from accounts held on your AIB Internet Banking Profile. You can also lodge money electronically from other AIB accounts or accounts from other financial institutions
- You can withdraw your money any time through AIB Phone & Internet Banking services. You must transfer your money electronically to other AIB accounts or accounts from other financial institutions. Learn more about AIB Phone & Internet Banking transfer limits and operating hours
- You will earn variable interest on your money - this is calculated daily and paid to your account in April and October
- No maintenance or transaction fees apply but there may be other service charges. For details see "A Guide to Fees and Charges for Personal Accounts".
Note: There is no ATM card issued with an Online Personal Demand Deposit Account.
Talk to Us
We’re ready to help you start saving today.
Simply call 1890 724 724 (lines are open Monday to Friday 8am – 9pm and Saturday 9am – 6pm), or drop into any AIB branch. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have and find the right kind of savings account for you.
Help and Guidance
Tax on Interest earned on Deposit Accounts:
- We will deduct Deposit Interest Retention Tax (DIRT) at the prevailing rate from all interest earned, unless you are entitled to exemption from DIRT, and we will pay this directly to the Revenue Commissioners
- To the extent that DIRT has been deducted there is no further liability to Irish income tax, but you may be subject to PRSI. Deposit Interest is not liable to the Universal Social Charge
- The Bank will deduct DIRT from the accounts of customers unless a fully completed non-resident declaration form is held by the Bank and a minimum balance of €12,500 is maintained at all times in each account maintained by the customer. Where these conditions are maintained, we will apply this DIRT exemption to all accounts you hold with us.
- If you or your spouse are aged 65 or over in the current tax year, or permanently incapacitated, and you are exempt from income tax, you may apply to have all interest on the account paid without deduction of DIRT. Each personal account you hold with us requires a separate application.
- Details of interest paid may be reported to the Revenue Commissioners, in accordance with the requirements of S.891B of the Taxes Consolidation Act 1997.
Where interest is paid to an individual resident in an EU Member state (other than Republic of Ireland) or certain department territories, that interest will be reported to the Revenue Commissioners in accordance with the European Union Council Directive 2003/48/EC (EU Savings Directive).
Personal Identification Requirements
View the AIB Online Personal Demand Deposit Account Terms and Conditions
Find out how even the smallest amount of regular savings will add up
Find out more about our Deposit Account Rates
The Revenue Commissioners is the primary state body responsible for the assessment and collection of taxes and duties
For all service related queries please visit our Help Centre.
AER is annual equivalent rate. Rates quoted are variable. Interest is subject to Deposit Interest Retention Tax (DIRT), at the prevailing rate where applicable (for more information please visit: www.revenue.ie).